Steamed Grains - Veg Baskets.
Surprisingly this is a simple recipe just afterward the other ones. I think the hardest part is to locate the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the savory Steamed Grains - Veg Baskets for your dinner with your friends or family. You can cook Steamed Grains - Veg Baskets using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steamed Grains - Veg Baskets
- It's 1/2 cup of For the baskets: Bengal gram dal.
- You need 1/2 cup of Red Gram.
- It's 1/2 cup of Moong dal (Yellow) or Green gram.
- You need 1 teaspoon of finely chopped green chillies.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Finely minced ginger.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds.
- It's 1/4 bunch of - Chopped mint leaves.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 of Cloves.
- Prepare of for filling.
- It's 1/2 cup of soaked and boiled white chickpeas.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil/ Clarified butter to apply on the idli trays.
- You need 2-3 pinches of Salt.
Steamed Grains - Veg Baskets instructions
- Soak the bengal gram dal, moong dal (yellow) and red gram in water for 1 and 1/2 hour. After this time, drain the water completely and make a coarse paste of it.Now add salt to taste, mix it thoroughly and keep it aside..
- Grind the cumin seeds, chopped ginger, cloves and mix this in the prepared coarse paste of dals..
- Mix the finely chopped onion, finely chopped green chillies, chopped mint leaves into the above prepared coarse mixture..
- Now prepare the baskets carefully, take small portions of the coarse wada mixture and form them into circular shapes or in the shape of small bowls. (Note that the base and walls of the basket should be thick.).
- To prepare the filling, soak the white chickpea for 1 and 1/2 hour. Then pressure cook it till 2 whistles blow. Once it is boiled, drain the water and add salt to the chickpeas. Mix it well together. Now fill the veg baskets with the cooked white chickpeas..
- Next, add water in the idli container for steaming. Apply vegetable oil to the idli trays and steam the veg baskets in the idli container for 15 minutes..
- Once the baskets are steamed and ready, transfer them into a plate and serve them hot with tomato sauce or green chutney..
I want just to let you know recipe already tested by team, you conveniently follow all the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the delectable Steamed Grains - Veg Baskets. If you have questions or requests in relation to this article, make smile entre us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page hence you will easily locate it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com