Chettinad Prawn Pepper Fry.
Yes, this is a simple recipe just next the additional ones. I think the hardest portion is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the tasty Chettinad Prawn Pepper Fry for your dinner with your friends or family. You can have Chettinad Prawn Pepper Fry using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chettinad Prawn Pepper Fry
- It's 250 gm of prawns, cleaned & devein.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 2 inch of cinnamon stick.
- You need 5-6 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 of star anise.
- It's 1 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp. of fennel seeds.
- It's pinch of fenugreek seeds.
- You need 3 of onions, sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp. of garlic, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of ginger, sliced.
- You need 2-3 of green chilies, slit.
- Prepare 2 sprigs of curry leaves.
- It's 1/4 tsp. of asafoetida.
- It's 1 tbsp. of coriander powder.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes, chopped.
- It's 1 tsp. of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of pepper powder, coarsely ground.
- It's 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of coriander leaves, chopped.
- Prepare as needed of juice of 1/2 lime.
Chettinad Prawn Pepper Fry step by step
- Marinate the prawns with a pinch of salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder for 10-15 minutes..
- Make a paste of all the dry powdered spices (garam masala powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and red chilli powder) except salt with some water to form a paste. Keep aside..
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan and fry the prawns for 2-3 minutes. Drain and keep aside. Heat the remaining oil and temper with whole spices - mustard seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, asafoetida and star anise. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add onion, ginger, garlic, green chilies & curry leaves. Saute till light brown..
- Add the tomatoes and fry till it is mashed..
- Then add the spice paste and fry till oil separates..
- Add the fried prawns and salt. Mix well..
- Add 1/2 cup water & cook, covered for 2-3 minutes on a low flame..
- When done, add coriander leaves, pepper powder & lime juice. Give it a stir. Serve with either rice or chapatis..
I would just inform you that the recipe already tested, you usefully follow every the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to acquire the appetizing Chettinad Prawn Pepper Fry. If you have questions or requests approaching this article, keep amused retrieve us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page appropriately you will easily find it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com