Believe it or not this is a simple recipe just later the other ones. I think the hardest share is to locate the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the delectable Kerala Aviyal for your lunch with your associates or family. You can have Kerala Aviyal using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kerala Aviyal
- Prepare 1 of Raw Plantain (Raw banana).
- It's 200 gms of Elephant foot yam.
- Prepare 150 gms of Ash gourd.
- You need 1 of Drumstick.
- It's 4 of French Beans (Green beans).
- It's 100 gms of Snake gourd.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot (small).
- You need 4 of green chillies.
- You need 1 pinch of Turmeric powder.
- It's 1 Cup of grated coconut.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- It's 2 sprigs of Curry leaves.
- Prepare 5 of Shallot.
- It's 2 tbsp of Coconut oil.
- You need 1 1/2 Cup of Water.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
Kerala Aviyal instructions
- Wash the vegetables very well. Peel and cut it into 2 inches (length wise) pieces. Slice green chillies (length wise)..
- Cook the vegetables in a covered vessel by adding green chillies, water, salt and turmeric powder on a low flame till it tender and dry (be careful not to overcook it and also take care to prevent it from burning)..
- Crush the shallots and mix it with coconut oil. Grind grated coconut and cumin seeds by adding little water into a coarsely paste.
- Add the ground paste into the cooked vegetables along with curry leaves and combine it well. Heat it in a low flame for 3 minutes..
- Remove from the heat once cooking done, add coconut oil – shallots mix and combine it..
- Serve Avial (Aviyal) as an accompaniment to rice..
- TIPS : As each vegetable has a different level of cooking, it will be better to add vegetables according to the cooking time of each item. That means the longer cooking items first and quicker items last..
I will just inform you that the recipe already tested by team, you helpfully follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the savory Kerala Aviyal. If you have questions or requests on the order of this article, please way in us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page appropriately you will easily locate it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com