Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special).
Actually this is an easy recipe just subsequent to the extra ones. I think the hardest allocation is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the delectable Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special) for your dinner with your connections or family. You can cook Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special) using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special)
- It's 1/4 cup of Toor Dal.
- It's 5-6 of Shallots (chopped).
- You need 1 of medium sized Tomato.
- You need 1/2 cup of Tamarind Extract.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Chilli Powder.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Jaggery.
- You need 1/2 cup of Veggies (Carrot, Potato, Pumpkin, Drumstick, Brinjal).
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1-2 Teaspoon of Ghee.
- You need As required of Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Mustard seeds, Cumin Seeds.
- It's 1 pinch of Hing.
- Prepare 1 sprig of Curry leaves.
Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special) step by step
- Pressure cook the Toor Dal with 1 cup of water and mash it. Cut veggies and keep it aside..
- Dry roast and make a fine powder: 1 tablespoon chanaDal and Coriander seeds, 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds and Peppercorn, 1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds, 4 red chillies and a pinch of Hing..
- Heat the oil and temper mustard, cumin, curry leaves and hing. Then add shallots, tomato and saute for 2 minutes..
- Now add veggies and cook for another few minutes. Then add tamarind extract, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and ground powder..
- Ladle the mixture without forming any lumps. Just add mashed Toor Dal and jaggery..
- The mixture may get thicker, so add some water, lid the pan and cook for some more time..
- Now a well cooked thick Sambar may attract your eyes!! Few dashes of ghee you can top on the mixture..
- Serve hot with South Indian Tiffin items and enjoy your food.
Just to let you know this recipe already tested, you simply follow every the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to get the delectable Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special). If you have questions or requests with reference to this article, occupy read us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page fittingly you will easily locate it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com