Chickpea Soya Curry.
Believe it or not this is a simple recipe just bearing in mind the other ones. I think the hardest allowance is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the savory Chickpea Soya Curry for your lunch with your connections or family. You can have Chickpea Soya Curry using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea Soya Curry
- It's 2 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 1 cup of Chickpea / Kabuli chana.
- Prepare 1 cup of soya chunks.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It's 2 of Onion chopped.
- It's 1 of Green Chilli slit.
- You need 1 sprig of Curry leaves chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of Large tomato chopped.
- It's 1 tbsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Fennel powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam Masala powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed peppercorns.
- You need 1 pinch of Asafodita/ Hing.
- It's few of Coriander leaves chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare as required of Water.
Chickpea Soya Curry step by step
- Wash the chickpea 2-3 times and soak them overnight or atleast 4-6 hours. Drain the water and pressure cook them with some water and salt for 3-4 whistles. Be careful not to turn them mushy but just soft. Once pressure released drain and keep aside. Reserved the water for the curry..
- Wash the soya granules well. Take warm water, add the washed soya chunks, cover and keep aside till further use. Just before adding to the curry drain thr water and squeeze off the water nicely..
- Heat oil in a pot. Add cumin seeds and bay leaf and let the seeds crackle..
- Add in the chopped onions, curry leaves and green chilli, saute till onion turns soft..
- Add in the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes away and onion starts to brown..
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and saute till it turns mushy..
- Add in the masala powders – kashmiri chilli, turmeric, cumin, coriander, fennel, Garam masala, crushed pepper, asafoedita and saute for a min..
- Add in the drained cooked chickpea, soya chunks, salt to taste, mix well with the masala and cook for about 5 mins..
- Add in water as requirrd and cook for 10-12 mins. Adjust the gravy consistency as per your requirements and add chopped coriander leaves and take off the heat..
- Enjoy with rice or any flat bread..
Just to let you know recipe already tested by team, you suitably follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to acquire the delectable Chickpea Soya Curry. If you have questions or requests in the region of this article, charm entre us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page appropriately you will easily locate it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com