Bengali Chanar Dal l Bengali Split Chickpea Soup.
Literally this is an easy recipe just considering the other ones. I think the hardest share is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the savory Bengali Chanar Dal l Bengali Split Chickpea Soup for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can cook Bengali Chanar Dal l Bengali Split Chickpea Soup using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bengali Chanar Dal l Bengali Split Chickpea Soup
- Prepare 1 cup of split chickpea (chana dal).
- It's 3/4 cup of grated coconut.
- It's 3 of green chillies, slitted.
- Prepare 2 of dried red chillies.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves (tej patta).
- It's 1 tsp of whole cumin (sabud jeera).
- It's 5-6 of cloves (laung).
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick (dalchini).
- You need 2 tbsp of raisin (kishmish).
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It's 2 tbsp of white oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1and 1/2 tsp of salt.
Bengali Chanar Dal l Bengali Split Chickpea Soup instructions
- Soak the chana dal overnight. Drain the water before cooking..
- Soak raisin in water for 1 hour. Drain the water and keep aside..
- In a pressure cooker, add chana dal, water, green chillies and salt. Cover the lid and cook for 2 whistles. Once the pressure cools down, open the lid and check if it’s properly cooked. Two whistles should be enough if you have soaked it overnight..
- Heat 1 table-spoon ghee in a pan and shallow fry the grated coconut..
- Remove the boiled chana dal along with the water in a heavy bottom pan, add raisin, turmeric powder and cover the lid. Let it get cooked in low flame for few minute..
- By the time, heat 1 table-spoon ghee and add bay leaves, whole cumin, cloves and cinnamon. Stir for few seconds till the spices start spreading aroma..
- Immediately remove it from the flame and pour the entire mixture and the fried grated coconut on the chana dal. Mix very well..
- Check the consistency of the soup. It should be on thicker side..
- Now, add sugar and stir well. Cover the lid and cook it for another 5 minute on low flame..
- Turn off the flame and your Bengali Chana Dal is ready to be served now..
I would just inform you that this recipe already tested, you handily follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delicious Bengali Chanar Dal l Bengali Split Chickpea Soup. If you have questions or requests with reference to this article, absorb approach us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page suitably you will easily locate it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com