Chana Masala or Bengali Ghugni.
Believe it or not this is a simple recipe just when the other ones. I think the hardest portion is to locate the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the tasty Chana Masala or Bengali Ghugni for your dinner with your connections or family. You can have Chana Masala or Bengali Ghugni using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chana Masala or Bengali Ghugni
- It's 1 cup of yellow peas/kabuli chana(chickpeas).
- It's 2 of onions roughly chopped.
- It's 1 of tomato roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger.
- It's 6-7 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2-3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It's 4-5 pods of cardamom.
- You need 8-10 of pepper corns.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- It's 2 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of whole cumin seeds.
- It's 3-4 of green chilies slit.
- It's 1 of potato cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It's 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- It's 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- It's 1/4 cup of chopped coriander leaves.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
Chana Masala or Bengali Ghugni step by step
- Soak the yellow peas or kabuli chana for 6 hours to overnight..
- Pressure cook the yellow peas or kabuli chana till they are cooked properly..
- Make a paste of onion, ginger, garlic and tomato..
- In a kadai/pan add oil. Once the oil is hot add, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, pepper corns, cloves, whole cumin seeds and sugar. The sugar starts caramelizing which imparts beautiful colour to the gravy.Be careful not to burn the sugar..
- Add the cubed potatoes and saute them till the edges brown..
- Now add the onion mixture paste and green chilies to the kadai and saute for 2 minutes..
- Add the turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, salt and water..
- Continue cooking the spices and the potatoes till the potatoes are cooked and you see oil leaving the sides of the pan. Add water if necessary..
- Now, add the cooked yellow peas or kabuli chana to the pan along with water..
- Continue cooking till you achieve the required consistency..
- Add the garam masala and the chopped coriander leaves..
- Serve hot with phulko luchi or as it is..
Just inform you that the recipe already tested by team, you handily follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the savory Chana Masala or Bengali Ghugni. If you have questions or requests in this area this article, absorb entrance us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page fittingly you will easily find it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com