Pongal Kootu Veg Biryani.
Yes, this is a simple recipe just next the additional ones. I think the hardest portion is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the appetizing Pongal Kootu Veg Biryani for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can have Pongal Kootu Veg Biryani using 28 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pongal Kootu Veg Biryani
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tamarind pulp.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of toor dal.
- You need 1 of chopped potato.
- You need 1 of chopped carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped broad beans.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped French beans.
- You need 1 of chopped sweet potato.
- Prepare 100 grams of pumpkin chopped.
- Prepare 1 of chopped ash gourd.
- Prepare 2-4 of dry red chillies.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chana dal.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated coconut.
- It's 1/2 tsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It's 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- It's 2 cups of Basmati Rice.
- It's 5-6 leaves of curry.
- Prepare 1 stick of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of dried bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper corns.
- Prepare 3-4 of cloves.
- You need 1 of star anise.
- Prepare 1 of maze flower.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 3-4 string of strands of saffron.
Pongal Kootu Veg Biryani instructions
- Tie cinnamon stick, dried bay leaves, pepper corns, cloves, star anise, maze flower in a small piece of muslin cloth and keep aside.
- Wash rice and cook them with double water, muslin potli of spices and salt to taste.
- In a pressure cooker, cook washed toor dal and mash it well.
- In another pan put all the chopped veggies and cover them with little water and cook covered till soft.
- In a pan heat 1 tsp of oil and add coriander seeds, chana dal, fenugreek seeds and 2 dry chillies and fry these till the dal becomes little golden in colour.
- The add grated coconut and roast it till the coconut is golden in colour, cool it a bit and grind to a fine paste with help of little water.
- In the vegetables pot add tamrind pulp, cooked toor dal, ground masala paste and salt to taste and mix well then cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Cook till most of the water is absorbed as we don’t want it to be much liquid for biryani..
- Heat remaining oil and add red chillies, asafetida, mustard seeds and curry leaves and let them crackle. Now put this tempering in prepared Kootu.
- And finally layer the biryani in a microwave safe pot, one layer rice then one layer of Kootu and repeat it till your preference.
- Mix saffron with warm milk and pour it over the final layer of rice, close the lid of the pot and microwave for a minute.
I want just to let you know recipe already tested, you helpfully follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the appetizing Pongal Kootu Veg Biryani. If you have questions or requests re this article, engross admission us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page thus you will easily locate it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com