Chana Madra (Chickpea yogurt gravy).
Actually this is an easy recipe just gone the additional ones. I think the hardest portion is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the savory Chana Madra (Chickpea yogurt gravy) for your dinner with your friends or family. You can have Chana Madra (Chickpea yogurt gravy) using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chana Madra (Chickpea yogurt gravy)
- It's 1 of -cup Chickpeas (soaked overnight and boiled with turmeric and salt in cooker for 5-6 whistle).
- You need 1 of -cup curd (fresh thick one is best).
- Prepare 2 of - teaspoon ghee (any oil of your choice, but ghee gives nice aroma).
- It's pinch of Hing.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Jeera.
- It's of Dry spices.
- Prepare as needed of 1- Bay leaf,1-star anise,1- Cinnamon,2- cardamon,3- cloves,6-7 black pepper (optional),1- teaspoon raisins and cashews.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dry spicy powder.
- It's 1/4 of - teaspoon turmeric powder.
- It's 1/2 of - teaspoon Chilli powder (Kashmir Chilli powder gives nice colour).
- It's 1 of - teaspoon coriander powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need as needed of ghee/oil.
Chana Madra (Chickpea yogurt gravy) instructions
- I had soaked chickpeas overnight and than cooked in cooker for 5-6 whistle. Take a kadai add ghee than Jeera and Hing following to that dry spices..
- Than add dry spice powders just saute for 30 seconds.Add boiled Chana and cover the lid and cook for 3 to 5 minutes till the Chana absorbs the flavors..
- Now add the thick curd and whisk it continously otherwise the gravy will not come out well, don't let it curddle..
- Keep on low flame and when the gravy starts to boil thats the right time to add dry fruits and salt, let it cook for 2 minutes..
- Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves, dry fruits and dazzle with ghee..
- Chana Madra goes well with hot rice,roti,naan.This Thick gravy has slight tangy taste of curd and full flavours of dry spices..
- Tips:🔼Use fresh thick curd only. 🔼We can add garam masala at last for flavour. 🔼If you want gravy to be thicken add rice flour/besan. 🔼Dry fruits gives the sweet taste to the gravy. 🔼We can add dry spice powders in curd also instead frying in oil..
- Try this recipe and share your reviews. #veganrecipes #diabetics #weightloss #healthyfood #himachalicusine #himachalpradesh #dal #gharkakhana #vegetarianrecipes #jainrecipes #curd #vegan #vegetarian.
Just to let you know the recipe already tested by team, you handily follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the delicious Chana Madra (Chickpea yogurt gravy). If you have questions or requests in relation to this article, interest gain access to us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page so you will easily locate it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com