Nimona (Green Peas Curry).
Actually this is an easy recipe just in the manner of the other ones. I think the hardest portion is to locate the best ingredients so you can enjoy the appetizing Nimona (Green Peas Curry) for your dinner with your friends or family. You can cook Nimona (Green Peas Curry) using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nimona (Green Peas Curry)
- It's 1 cup of green peas (I used frozen peas), ground coarsely.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green peas, whole.
- You need 1 of potato, cut lengthwise.
- It's 3 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- It's 1 of dry red chilli.
- You need 1-2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of asafoetida.
- It's 1 tsp. of ginger, grated.
- It's 1-2 of green chilies, chopped.
- You need handful of coriander leaves, chopped.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of roasted coriander powder.
- You need 1-2 of tomatoes, cut lengthwise.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ghee (opt).
Nimona (Green Peas Curry) step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp. mustard oil & fry the potatoes till light brown in colour. Drain and keep aside..
- Add 1 tbsp. oil in the same pan & saute the ground green peas till the moisture evaporates. Keep aside..
- Heat remaining oil & temper with red chilli, bay leaves, cumin seeds and asafoetida. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the ginger, green chilies & coriander leaves. Stir fry for a few seconds..
- Now add all the dry spices and give it a toss..
- Add the tomatoes and the remaining whole green peas. Mix well & cook, covered till they turn soft..
- Add the sauteed green peas, fried potatoes & water. Give it a stir & simmer, covered for 4-5 minutes or till the gravy turns slightly thick..
- When done, add the ghee (opt) and switch off the flame..
- Serve with plain steamed rice. jeera rice, paratha, poori, etc. for a nice healthy U.P. style meal..
I would just to let you know recipe already tested, you handily follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to acquire the delicious Nimona (Green Peas Curry). If you have questions or requests in the region of this article, make smile contact us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page appropriately you will easily find it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com