Moong Dal halwa. Moong dal halwa recipe with step by step photos. Moong dal halwa is an addictive and delicious halwa variety made from mung lentils and ghee (clarified butter). it is a popular and rich halwa recipe. Moong dal halwa is a classic Indian sweet dish made with moong lentils, sugar, ghee and cardamom powder.
It is a rich, creamy and pudding-like dessert.
Made with split yellow moong dal, this is a popular and delicious dessert for the winter months.
The moong dal halwa is also known as hesaru bele halwa in the state of Karnataka and is prepared on special occasions and festivals.
Believe it or not this is a simple recipe just past the other ones. I think the hardest part is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the tasty Moong Dal halwa for your lunch with your connections or family. You can have Moong Dal halwa using 9 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moong Dal halwa
- Prepare 2.5 cups of moong dal Soaked dhuli ..
- You need 1.5 cups of ghee ..
- You need 3 cups of milk ..
- It's 1 - 3/4 cups of sugar - We dont like it sickly sweet hence reduced quantities ..
- It's 1.5 tsps of Cardamom elaichi powder - powder ..
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water ..
- Prepare of . Non stick pan.
- You need of . Mixer - grinder.
- Prepare of Spatula.
The moong dal is rich in protein and hence is considered to be a very. Moong Dal Halwa is a famous Indian dessert, especially made during winter months. Halwa - the most common Indian dessert which is made in every household. It's so common and average that you.
Moong Dal halwa instructions
- Grind the dal in a mixer to a course paste using the water as scant as possible..
- Remove to contents from the jar using a spatula or a spoon as deem fit..
- Heat the ghee in a non stick pan on a medium low heat..
- Add the moong dal mix..
- Stir it well until the ghee is combined, it will take a few minutes..
- Let the flame be on medium low and stir as frequently as possible so that the mix does not stick to the pan and cook unevenly..
- This will make sure you make a few trips to the kitchen every now and then..
- The mark of cooked mix is that the ghee will float on top..
- Don't be shy and let it brown..
- You might feel the ghee is too much as this point, I even took out 3/4 cup of the ghee. But trust me the halwa needs this..
- Heat the milk and sugar with cardamom until the sugar is dissolved..
- Once the dal is browning nicely, you may add the milk..
- Stir and cook until the milk is absorbed. Once the milk was absorbed, I added the ghee back little at a time..
- Let the halwa brown to the colour that you prefer..
- Serve with love..
- Do not worry about the dal when it looks like sand after browning- before adding the milk. it is just fine. You may add a few tbsp more sugar if you have a sweet-er tooth. Recipe can be easily halved or doubled. Be careful with hot ghee, it can cause serious burns. Keep an eye on the halwa as frequently as possible so avoid uneven browning. Stir continuously after adding the milk to avoid lumpy mix. Always cook this halwa on medium-low heat only. The mix shall bubble a lot, don't worry. :).
Garam garam Moong Dal ka halwa in winters is every foodie's dream come true! Try my recipe for this delicious dessert. What better dessert to impress your. Rich and delicious, moong dal halwa takes some time to get ready but the end result is well worth all the effort. Make this homemade Moong Dal Halwa for your family.
I will just to let you know this recipe already tested by team, you suitably follow every the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to acquire the appetizing Moong Dal halwa. If you have questions or requests roughly speaking this article, interest approach us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page so you will easily locate it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com