Bengali Chanar Dal l Bengali Split Chickpea Soup.
Surprisingly this is a simple recipe just past the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the savory Bengali Chanar Dal l Bengali Split Chickpea Soup for your lunch with your associates or family. You can cook Bengali Chanar Dal l Bengali Split Chickpea Soup using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bengali Chanar Dal l Bengali Split Chickpea Soup
- It's 1 cup of split chickpea (chana dal).
- You need 3/4 cup of grated coconut.
- Prepare 3 of green chillies, slitted.
- Prepare 2 of dried red chillies.
- You need 2 of bay leaves (tej patta).
- Prepare 1 tsp of whole cumin (sabud jeera).
- It's 5-6 of cloves (laung).
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick (dalchini).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of raisin (kishmish).
- It's 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of white oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1and 1/2 tsp of salt.
Bengali Chanar Dal l Bengali Split Chickpea Soup instructions
- Soak the chana dal overnight. Drain the water before cooking..
- Soak raisin in water for 1 hour. Drain the water and keep aside..
- In a pressure cooker, add chana dal, water, green chillies and salt. Cover the lid and cook for 2 whistles. Once the pressure cools down, open the lid and check if it’s properly cooked. Two whistles should be enough if you have soaked it overnight..
- Heat 1 table-spoon ghee in a pan and shallow fry the grated coconut..
- Remove the boiled chana dal along with the water in a heavy bottom pan, add raisin, turmeric powder and cover the lid. Let it get cooked in low flame for few minute..
- By the time, heat 1 table-spoon ghee and add bay leaves, whole cumin, cloves and cinnamon. Stir for few seconds till the spices start spreading aroma..
- Immediately remove it from the flame and pour the entire mixture and the fried grated coconut on the chana dal. Mix very well..
- Check the consistency of the soup. It should be on thicker side..
- Now, add sugar and stir well. Cover the lid and cook it for another 5 minute on low flame..
- Turn off the flame and your Bengali Chana Dal is ready to be served now..
I will just to let you know this recipe already tested by team, you clearly follow all the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delicious Bengali Chanar Dal l Bengali Split Chickpea Soup. If you have questions or requests on the order of this article, keep busy way in us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page for that reason you will easily locate it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com