Mix veg dal dhokli. Www.anybodycancookbyarchna.com click here to watch this post on my website ▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★► My Website with Printable Recipes. Mixed Vegetable Dal recipe, Mixed Vegetable Masala Dal, How to Make Mix Veg Dal, Spicy Vegetable Dal Recipe. Dal dhokli is a Sunday morning delight in most traditional Gujarati households!
Take whole wheat flour, gram flour, ¼ teaspoon asafoetida, remaining turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt in a bowl and mix well.
Dal Dhokli Recipe Variations: Substitute any cooking oil instead of ghee to make this a Vegan Daal Dhokli.
Dal Dhokli is a traditional Gujarati dish.
Actually this is a simple recipe just afterward the other ones. I think the hardest share is to find the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the tasty Mix veg dal dhokli for your breakfast with your friends or family. You can cook Mix veg dal dhokli using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mix veg dal dhokli
- You need 1 Cup of Toor Dal.
- You need 1 Cup of Mix vegetables.
- It's 2 of Tomato chopped.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1 pinch of Hing.
- Prepare 2 of Green chilli.
- Prepare as needed of Ghee.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Gram flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander powder -.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare as needed of Ghee.
- It's as needed of chopped coriander leaves.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Dhokli ingredients:.
- You need 1/2 cup of Wheat Flour.
- It's 1 tsp of Carom seeds.
This recipe consists of spicy whole wheat uncooked roti pieces simmered into dal and cooked to perfection. In this dal dhokli recipe, dal is exact same as Gujarati khatti meethi dal. While dhokli is made from whole wheat flour aka chapati atta. Traditionally dal dhokli is made from leftover dal specially on Sunday.
Mix veg dal dhokli step by step
- Dal: Wash and soak dal for ½ hour. Mix soaked dal, turmeric powder, vegetables, along with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Close the lid cook on low flame until it done. Switch off flame and let the steam escape. Keep the dal as it is in the pressure cooker..
- Take a deep vessel along with ghee add seasonings one by one, fry the spices for few minutes, add chopped tomatoes. Once tomatoes are cooked, add red chilli powder and mix well. Saute the masala until oil starts separate and comes aromat smells..
- Add little water stir, add cooked Vegetables Dal and salt, stir everything very nicely, cook for 10 more minutes. Dal is ready for dhokli..
- Dhokli: Take both flours,salt, ghee and carom seeds in a mixing bowl. Mix all dry ingredients for a while. Now add water and knead a soft dough like Chapati dough..
- After well kneading cover the dough with wet cloth and keep it for ½ hour. After ½ hour remove the cloth and pour some ghee and knead it again. Now make dhokli giving round shape make little thicker than Chapathis..
- Now cut it into 1" strips. Again cut these strips either squares or diamond shapes. Keep all these in open tray and sprinkle some flours to it, to avoid stick each other. Now take a deep vessel along with 4 cups of water and salt, give a nice boil. When water starts boiling, put these dhokli pieces into boiling water..
- Cook the dhokli on high flame for 15 minutes or till all dhoklis are come to surface and keep stirring at regular intervals. After done remove these cooked dhoklis from boiling water to a plate add normal water to rinse and drain the excess water from this. Keep this for 10 minutes on room temperature to cool down..
- Now combine Veg Dal and dhokli stir well. Mix Vegetables Dal dhokli is ready. Pour some ghee over it and enjoy the dish. If you want you may garnish with few chopped coriander leaves to it. But coriander leaves dominating the flavour So I skip this..
But now a day people do make it from scratch. In old days, housewives cook every single. Gujarati Dal Dhokli Recipeis a one pot meal where strips of thepla dough are simmered in a flavourful toor dal flavoured with whole spices and a distinct flavour from the curry leaves. The dash of jaggery added to the dish, gives us a sweet tingling flavour and don't miss the drizzle of the ghee just before. It has soft textured dhokli submerged in semi thick dal like lentil gravy and has mild sweet and spicy taste of aromatic spices and crunchy peanuts.
Just inform you that recipe already tested by team, you clearly follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the appetizing Mix veg dal dhokli. If you have questions or requests on the order of this article, charm edit us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page fittingly you will easily locate it once more later. The content source: https://cookpad.com