Chana daal methi ki sabzi engal gram and fenugreek leaves veg). Chana Methi Dal is a delicious lentil curry made with split Bengal Gram lentil and fresh fenugreek leaves. It makes a perfect weeknight dinner along with steaming hot rice , topped with ghee and a papad by the side. Methi (fenugreek leaves) and spinach are two greens that go very well with chole (white chickpeas).
They go well with roti, rice, naan, poori or bhatura.
Methi Daal is delicious red lentils with a touch of aromatic dry fenugreek.
The cooked red lentils are finished with a a delicious onion and fenugreek tempering that gives the daal a deliciously aromatic flavor.
Literally this is an easy recipe just later than the additional ones. I think the hardest portion is to locate the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the savory Chana daal methi ki sabzi engal gram and fenugreek leaves veg) for your dinner with your friends or family. You can have Chana daal methi ki sabzi engal gram and fenugreek leaves veg) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chana daal methi ki sabzi engal gram and fenugreek leaves veg)
- Prepare 1 cup of chana daal /begal gram.
- Prepare 3 bunches of cleaned and chopped methi leaves / fgreen fenugreek leaves.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It's 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of amchoor powder / dry mango powder.
- It's 1 of onion chopped.
- It's 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of tomato chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of mustard oil.
Fenugreek leaves are also called Methi leaves or Methi ke Patte in Hindi. Cures Mouth Ulcers Fenugreek leaves can cure mouth ulcers. Chana dal fry -Split bengal gram cooked in tomato sauce and Indian spices. Chana daal is a very healthy and delicious lentil preparation.
Chana daal methi ki sabzi engal gram and fenugreek leaves veg) instructions
- Wash chana daal nicely under running water and pressure cook with salt and turmeric powder for 2-3 whistles. It should be just cooked and not mushy.
- When pressure is released take the daal out in a colander.
- Now in a wok add mustard oil. Add whole cumin seeds to it.
- When cumin seeds crackle add hing.
- Stir and add chopped onions.
- Saute inions and add ginger garlic paste. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add dry masalas and chopped tomatoes and let them cook nicely.
- Once tomatoes are done add methi leaves and keep stirring so that they get cooked.
- Add strained chana daal and mix everything gently. Once done take it out in a bowl. And serve hot.
It is quite easy to make and goes well with rice, poori and roti's. The chana daal should be soaked before cooking so it will not take much time and cook fast. MEDICINAL VALUE : Fenugreek is used in colic flatulencee, dysentery, diarrhoea, dyspepsia, chronic cough, enlargement of liver and spleen, rickets, gout and diabetes, Also used as carminative, tonic and aphrodisiac. Also used as spice for flavouring food. Powdered dried leaves are used for garnishing.
Just inform you that the recipe already tested, you handily follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the savory Chana daal methi ki sabzi engal gram and fenugreek leaves veg). If you have questions or requests going on for this article, interest gate us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page suitably you will easily locate it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com